[cdt-dev] Revisited: Warnings in conflicting files are marked as errors (Bug 108920)

Hello folks,

as the release date for CDT 3.0.1 may be drawing nearer I would again
like to ask for comments on a problem I documented in bugzilla 108920:

When there are two header files with identical names in a project, and
one of them produces warnings, then the gcc error parser generates a
message in such a way that it mistakes them to be error messages
himself. The nasty side effect is that eclipse refuses to debug a
project which compiles with only warnings.

Details such as a demo project to reproduce the problem, a proposal for
a fix and the necessary patches are all attached to the bug and I posted
this three weeks ago here already, but it went totally unnoticed. Seems
that many were on holiday at the time. Now I would really appreciate to
hear at least a comment on what I have reported. Can it be included in
3.0.1? It's all there nice and handy, ready to be applied :-)

Thanks,

Norbert Ploett

Back to the top