From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chris Hull
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 3:10 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Trouble listening to changes in the Build model

I need to listen for a change in the CDT build model so that a UI can update.

When the user accesses the properties for a C/C++ project in CDT, I need to know when this change takes place.

The point of interest in the UI is…

(Select project, right click) Properties -> C/C++ Build    Configuration, which has a drop down menu containing one of “Release” or “Debug”.

Programmatically, I am able to access the configuration name via a static method in ManagedBuildManager.

Static BuildINfo info getBuildInfo( IProject );

 which then allows me to access the configuration name

info.getConfigurationName();

I had hoped to subscribe via the subscribe method in ManagedBuildManager, but it’s not a static, and I don’t know how to get a hold of a (or the) ManagedBuildManager.

The method I appear to want to access is:

Public sync void subscribe( IResource  whatResource??, IScannerINfoChangeListener foo);

How do I subscribe to changes in the build model?  Is there another way to tell when configuration name changes?

Thanks;

-Chris

Back to the top