RE: [cdt-dev] CDT DOM question

Well, in our naivety, we assumed that we could properly parse C++. It took a
lot of work from two very smart developers (not me) but we think we're well
on our way. The biggest challenges were ambiguities in C++ that require some
amount of semantic analysis to figure out the syntactic structure. Also C++
templates are quite the beast to produce efficient structure in the AST and
efficient semantic analysis algorithms.

Completeness was our objective. But then, the DOM parser is pretty new for
CDT 3.0 and hasn't been exercised as much as a commercial compiler would
have been. We'd love to hear feedback (and bugs) on it.

Doug Schaefer
Senior Software Developer
QNX Software Systems