[cdt-dev] CDT Fall Conference

Logistics:

October 25-27

Location: Ottawa, QNX 175 Terence Matthews Crescent, Ottawa Ontario.

Based on your feedback I have made some changes. I have not made any adjustments based on the agenda for language symposium since I've not received any details. I feel we should leave language topics scheduled as they are in order to leave sufficient time for discussion during the conference.

We can also add BofFs in the evenings. Chris has suggested a BofF on Tuesday evening on making the lives of ISVs easier.  "Currently there are a lot of hoops that we and others jump through to make products out of the CDT, and we should try to ease that pain as much as we can." Chris I'm assuming that you are leading this BofF.

We still have two open time slots the first day for Debugging topics, be it requirements or design. As well, there is an open time slot on Thursday since the subject previously scheduled will be covered off under the language symposium.

Tuesday October 25, 2005

9:15-10:00 Introduction and kick-off

10:00 - 11:00 Presentation: QNX: Debugger Architecture - challenges, deficiencies, solutions.

11:00 -11:15 Break

11:15- 12:15 Presentation: Open for other projects DSDP or Platform.

12:15-1:15 Lunch

1:15 - 2:15 Volunteer? Debugger- Design Session: There are a lot of requirements that have been under discussion for the past several months from members of the CDT team as well s the DSP team. By fall it may be appropriate to hold a Design review or session for these requirements.

2:15-2:30 Break

2:30- 3:00 Presentation:LosAlmos:Greg: Extending CDT to debug programs in parallel- presentation of the results of this work

3:00 -4:00 Presentation:Symbian:Lars: Symbian is purposing a contribution to the CDT called a Template Engine. This is a template based mechanism to create projects, add items to projects, manipulate projects, etc. that is driven by an XML file for generating wizard pages and a process description which tells the engine how to process the data from the wizard. The UI and process side are extensible. Assuming sufficient progress is made in the next few weeks, Lars will give a presentation with a small demo describing the template engine to check whether there is a case for contributing the template engine to CDT.

Wednesday October 26, 2005

9:00 -10:00 Presentation:LosAlmos:Craig: Using CDT as a platform for Multi-language support - presentation of work they have done in this area. The purpose of the presentation is to make everyone aware of the issues and to try and come to a consensus about generic language support in CDT.

10:00-11:00 Presentation -Demo:UIUC:Jeff Overbey: How to Integrate a New Language into the CDT in 15 Minutes.

11:00-11:15 Break

11:15-12:15 Presentaion:Intel:Leo: The possibility of a CDT-Wide concept of a "tool-chain". QNX is interested in working with Intel on this presentation.

12:15 - 1:15 Lunch

1:15-2:15 Presentation: TI:Martin, QNX:Thomas CDT End User Experience - Many companies are now shipping the CDT as part of their own custom development environments. This session will present some of the end user likes, dislikes and general comments on CDT. This session should be used as an opportunity to help plan end-user relevant development activities for the CDT that will benefit the widest possible audience and improve the overall user experience.

2:15-2:30 Break

2:30-3:00 Presentation:QNX: Doug: Parser and all things related - Architecture overview as well as current issues challenges.

3:00 - 4:00 Discussion:Intel:Leo: Discussion of where we think CDT is with regards to scalability and performance.

Thursday October 27, 2005

 9:15-10:15 Presentaion:Intel:Leo & Chris - Build system requirements

10:15-10:30 Break

10:30 - 11:30 Open time slot - This was a place holder for a Language Development Tool subject by other projects such as LDP, DSP or the Platform. Since this will be covered off in the language symposium on Friday, this now becomes an open time slot

11:30 12:00 Discussion:Intel: Leo: Synchronizing project loading so that project files (.cdtproject, .cdtbuild) are loaded before things like indexers, builders, start running. 12:00-1:00 Lunch

1:00-2:00 Presentation: QNX:Doug: CDT and the Next Generation C/C++ Developer - discussion around future strategy and vision for the CDT project.

2:00-3:00 Presentation: QNX: Future Project Planning - 12 month view of our release and what we plan to do for them.

3:00-3:15 Break

3:15-4:15 Volunteer?: Facilitated Discussion. Based on our past experience, what worked or didn't as far as how we ran the projects. Where can we improve?

Numbers so far:

Los Alamos:(2)

Symbian: (2)

TI:Ch:(4)