RE: [cdt-dev] Problem with debugging some running processes

> Behalf Of Heiko Jansen
> Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 9:12 AM
> To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Problem with debugging some running processes
>
> > Are there exceptions in your .log file? Can you post the gdb output with
> the
> > entire thread list (or at least the output with thread 29).
>
> Please find below
> a) output in /home/jansen/workspace/.metadata/.log
> b) shell output from `/opt/eclipse/eclipse -debug
> "file:/var/software/eclipse/.options"`
> c) output of gdb commands when executed manually (including bt from
> threads 28 & 29)

Yes, you are right.  This is a problem, a peculiar one.  It is not so much
the number of threads, but at the 28th thread the pipe buffer is full.
In brief, outputs are coming from gdb, but at starting time no pipe reader
is setup to consume the pipe(the console).  So the write() just block
because the pipe is full.

Please make a PR so we can fix this in the branch and the head.

Merci bucket for finding this.

Back to the top