RE: [cdt-dev] CDT Fall Conference

Correction on logistics date below

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Derrick Keefe
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 3:50 PM
To: 'CDT General developers list.'
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] CDT Fall Conference

Hello here are the details as they stand.

Logistics:

October 25-27

Location: Ottawa

See agenda below

We still need volunteers for some subjects so don't be shy. As well, we still have room for additional presentations. I gave everyone an hour unless they indicated otherwise; let me know if adjustments are required. I tried to group subjects so that there is some continuity.

I have used the term presentation, but really the form will be entirely up to the persons driving the session. The session can be a panel discussion, a proposal, design proposal review, requirements review for upcoming development etc.. The sessions are meant to be highly interactive; I have no doubt they will be. Please provide me with abstract of your topic so people have a good idea what's going to be discussed.

Tuesday October 25, 2005

9:15-9:30 Introduction and kick-off

9:30- 10:30 Presentation: QNX: Debugger Architecture - challenges, deficiencies, solutions.

10:30- 11:30 Presentation: Open for other projects DSP or Platform.

11:30-12:30 Lunch

12:30 - 2:00 Volunteer? Debugger- Design Session: There are a lot of requirements that have been under discussion for the past several months from members of the CDT team as well s the DSP team. By fall it may be appropriate to hold a Design review or session for these requirements.

2:00-2:15 Break

2:15- 2:45 Presentation:LosAlmos:Greg: Extending CDT to debug programs in parallel- presentation of the results of this work

2:45 -4:15 Intertest:Intel:who?: Discussion of where we think CDT is with regards to scalability and performance.

Wednesday October 26, 2005

9:00 -10:00 Presentation:LosAlmos:Craig: Using CDT as a platform for Multi-language support - presentation of work they have done in

this area.

10:00-11:00 Presentation -Demo:UIUC:Jeff Overbey: "How to Integrate a New Language into the CDT in 15 Minutes,"

11:00-11:15 Break

11:15-12:15 Presentaion:Intel:Leo: The possibility of a CDT-Wide concept of a "tool-chain". QNX is interested in working with intel on this presentation.

12:15 - 1:15 Lunch

1:15 - 2:15 volunteer? Language Development Tool Kit - there is some grass roots initiatives within CDT for this.  It would be a good idea to have a session on this and invite those from other projects such as LDP, DSP and the Platform

2:15 - 3:15 Presentaion: QNX: CDT and the Next Generation C/C++ Developer - discussion around future strategy and vision for the CDT project.

3:15-3:30 Break

3:30-4:30 Presentaion:Symbian:who?: Build system requirements

Thursday October 27, 2005

9:00-10:00Presentation: QNX: CDT End User Experience - Many companies are now shipping the CDT as part of their own custom development environments. This session will present some of the end user likes, dislikes and general comments on CDT. This session should be used as an opportunity to help plan end-user relevant development activities for the CDT that will benefit the widest possible audience and improve the overall user experience.

10:00-10:15 Break

10:15 11:15 Intertest:Intel: volunteer?: Discussion of CDT "singletons" and other CDT architecture topics - I remember a mailing list discussion regarding some aspect of the architecture that Doug questioned.  If we don't talk about this now we may never do it.

11:15-12:15 Presentation: QNX: Future Project Planning - 12 month view, as well an open form for proposal on how we could change the way we do things.

1:15-2:15 Intertest:symbian: Volunteer? How to contribute to CDT. Symbian is also looking into donating some technology, but are unsure about the process, etc.

2:15-3:15 Volunteer?: Facilitated Discussion. Based on our past experience, what worked or didn't as far as how we ran the projects. Where can we improve.

Numbers so far and growing:

Los Alamos:(2)

Symbian: (2)

TI:Ch:(4)