Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 3.0 Candidate Build Now Available

Will there be an announcement tomorrow (16th Aug 2005) about the CDT 3.0 GA availability? The CVS is already tagged with GA - right?

Thanks,
sumit

On 8/15/05, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

--- Alain Magloire <alain@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
> > Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] CDT 3.0 Candidate Build Now
> Available
> >
> > Devin did a fair amount of sanity testing this
> morning as well. But yes,
> > feel free to wait for James before casting your
> vote. I certainly won't
> > close the vote before hearing from him.
> >

> I think the idea was not to call for a vote just
> after doing a build but
> rather to give the testers some breathing room.  And
> base on there findings,
> decides to make or not (respin) a build publicly
> available (Milestone, RC
> etc ...)

True. But the build was done on Friday giving us the
weekend and the morning to do testing ;-). Also, I
guess I was still in the mode where there were not
supposed to be any code changes between RC3 and RC4
and those who did the changes gave me the impression
they were well tested before being committed. Only
sanity testing should have been required.

> In any case, I think we are good for GA.

Thanks Alain! I think so to.

+1