Re: [cdt-dev] Parser lock-up on old C code

Can you raise a PR with some example source code to give us a better idea of what is causing the problem?

Devin Steffler
IBM's Eclipse CDT
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

<cebarne2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/05/2005 02:21 PM

Please respond to
"CDT General developers list."

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] Parser lock-up on old C code

Hey all,

Ran into a problem with the parser.  Luckily, I haven't seen the issue on our production C code, but it happens with some old demo code I found.  The parser locks (progress meter runs, but cannot be cancelled, stuck at 3-4%) on this old code.  Are there any known limitations with the parser and early C code?  This code was written in 1980 so probably has non-ANSI conventions.

Thanks,

Chad Barnes

Rockwell Collins, Inc.