RE: [cdt-dev] rewriting launcher

You will want to override the actual launch delegate class itself
to perform the download to the target.  I don't have the source
handy at hand to tell you which class this is, but if you look at
the plugin.xml for the cdt.launch plugin then you will see the
delegate class there.  You can model your delegate on this same
class but using the debugger created to generate commands to the
target (ie upload/download etc).

After that point, it is a matter of determining what other custom
activities you require.  For example, if you need to override particular
behaviour (ie you want to not only download the binary to the target
but also launch the binary and attach the debugger to it) then you
will need to do some more customization.

I've attached a slide deck that is mostly "talk" but it might be
helpfull for you.

> BTW, are there javadoc pages for cdt internal classes? I
> could not find one.

I don't think that we generate them.  You can certainly run the
javadoc generator and pick up whatever content may be there.  The
focus has been more on the non-internal classes to date.

Thomas