Re: [cdt-dev] Indexing problem while using the latest CDT build

Also please raise a bug in bugzilla on the cdt core for the NPEs. Thanks!

Bogdan Gheorghe/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/26/2005 02:32 PM

Please respond to

Sumit Sarkar <sumit.sarkar@xxxxxxxxx>, "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] Indexing problem while using the latest CDT build

If you took all the defaults, you would have been indexing the project with the Full C/C++ Indexer. This requires that you set up your build path or nothing will get indexed. To do this, right click on your project>C/C++ Include Paths & Symbols. You can then add whatever paths you wish. After you have finished you can close and reopen the project to reindex.

For larger projects, I suggest you try the CTags indexer. It is much faster and doesn't require build info - but it doesn't provide cross reference info like the Full C/C++ indexer does. (You need to have Exuberant CTags v 5.5.4 installed for this).

- Bogdan

Sumit Sarkar <sumit.sarkar@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/26/2005 02:13 PM

Please respond to
Sumit Sarkar <sumit.sarkar@xxxxxxxxx>; Please respond to

cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] Indexing problem while using the latest CDT build

Hi There,

I downloaded the Eclipse 3.1 SDK on Windows XP SP2 and downloaded the CDT bits from:
http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/builds/3.0.0/I.I200507251030/org.eclipse.cdt.sdk-3.0.0-I200507251030-win32.x86.zip
and installed them. Then I downloaded the linux kernel bits from
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.12.3.tar.bz2 and unzipped it to a local folder. After that I created a Standard Make C Project and gave the local folder as the project directory. I didn't change any default behavior. It took around 1hr 2 mins to complete the index! Even after that none of the search declarations is working! I am getting the following errors:

!SESSION 2005-07-26 13:47:00.97 ------------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=I20050627-1435
java.version=1.4.2_08
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 2005-07-26 15:17:55.498
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Search "mca_device"".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
  at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.search.DOMQuery.isLocal(DOMQuery.java:178)
  at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.search.DOMQuery.run(DOMQuery.java:98)
  at org.eclipse.search2.internal.ui.InternalSearchUI$InternalSearchJob.run(InternalSearchUI.java:93)
  at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:76)
!SESSION 2005-07-26 15:22:47.822 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=I20050627-1435
java.version=1.4.2_08
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.runtime 4 2 2005-07-26 15:23:20.962
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Search "mca_device"".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
  at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.search.IndexSelector.initializeIndexKeys(IndexSelector.java:61)
  at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.search.IndexSelector.getIndexes(IndexSelector.java:85)
  at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.search.PatternSearchJob.isReadyToRun(PatternSearchJob.java:120)
  at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.core.search.processing.JobManager.performConcurrentJob(JobManager.java:247)
  at org.eclipse.cdt.core.search.SearchEngine.search(SearchEngine.java:204)
  at org.eclipse.cdt.core.search.SearchEngine.search(SearchEngine.java:170)
  at org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.search.CSearchQuery.run(CSearchQuery.java:152)
  at org.eclipse.search2.internal.ui.InternalSearchUI$InternalSearchJob.run(InternalSearchUI.java:93)
  at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:76)

Is there any known problems related to this area? The linux kernel has around 15000 files in it.

Thanks,
sumit