Re: [cdt-dev] Loose end # 2 - content type extensions and case sensitivity

On Jul 22, 2005, at 12:35 PM, Treggiari, Leo wrote:

In bug 103530, there is a discussion of whether the file extensions specified for an Eclipse content-type should be treated as case sensitive or case insensitive. Currently, the MBS treats these as case sensitive on all platforms. In there is a consensus on what is correct, and it is different from the current MBS behavior, we could try to change this for 3.0. What do others think?

I should point out that there is a Fortran convention to use *.F90 for files that need to be preprocessed (cpp) and *.f90 for files that don't. So it would help the Fortran crowd if file extensions were case sensitive.

Cheers,
Craig

Back to the top