RE: [cdt-dev] CDT 3.0 Closing

Title: Message
To follow-up on the 3.0 closing...

1. As it stands, we have 17 open bugs against 3.x. Looking at the bugs, the majority look like they will be moved forward (99744 is definitely required). I just spoke with Mikhail and Alain, they are evaluating the bugs in their name and will either fix for RC3 or move to future. They can provide an update on where this stands.

===== current 3.x bugs =====

ID Sev Pri Plt Assignee Status Resolution Summary
30365 nor P3 PC alain@xxxxxxx NEW Header file errors => empty tasks
38197 nor P3 PC alain@xxxxxxx NEW wrong tasks shows as result of compilation.
52676 nor P3 PC alain@xxxxxxx NEW I18N: Makefile editor input via alt keystroke sequence cl...
53174 maj P3 PC Mikhailk@xxxxxxx REOP I18N: CDT Debug can't find a non-ascii filename
59193 nor P3 PC alain@xxxxxxx NEW Cannot debug DLLs with DOS slash in path
59320 enh P3 PC alain@xxxxxxx NEW Remove Navigator view from the default C/C++ Perspective
82077 nor P3 PC Mikhailk@xxxxxxx NEW Eclipse CDT spontaneously terminated while single stepping
83566 enh P3 PC dinglis@xxxxxxx NEW [CPathEntry] Container content not refreshed
85124 nor P3 PC alain@xxxxxxx NEW Debugger halts with NFE on AMD64
92446 nor P3 PC alain@xxxxxxx NEW Wrong variable display if resume to breakpoint in function
99744 nor P3 PC dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxx NEW Transition to EPL
102195 maj P2 PC cdt-core-inbox@xxxxxxxxxxx NEW StackOverFlow when updating Type Cache
102929 nor P3 Mac Mikhailk@xxxxxxx NEW race conditions when setting breakpoints at launch
104421 maj P3 PC Mikhailk@xxxxxxx NEW Register view can not show correct value when switch betw...
104515 maj P3 All leo.treggiari@xxxxxxxxx NEW Tool converter never called
104605 nor P3 Mac cwiebe@xxxxxxxx NEW UI hangs when opening Binaries container (MachO binary file)
104721 nor P3 PC gheorghe@xxxxxxxxxx NEW Mozilla - ctags indexer produces nothing

2. Where do we feel we stand with respect to the quality of 3.0? We have less dedicated test resources as with previous releases - what are people's assesment? To Chris' point, are we overreaching? And are people comfortable with the bugs we moved forward to "future" (e.g. are there any bugs people feel should really be looked at)?

3. I've started putting the material together for the release review (you can see the presentations from other projects at http://www.eclipse.org/org/processes/previous-release-reviews.html). This is something that's been part of the Eclipse process, but has not been done in the past. For CDT 3.0, we have to go throgh this process and all have to be comfortable with the release).

Related to this, on the question of 3-party plugin compatibility - we also do have to produce a list of APIs the CDT provides along with their status (provisional/platform/etc) (see the BIRT release summary above for an example); doing this systematically should make it more clear as to the level of maturity and compatibility the different APIs provide. I'll do an initial list but would appreciate feedback/input into it.

Can I suggest we all get together on a conf call Monday (say at 1EST) to discuss the above and map out the closing of 3.0?

Thanks,

Sebastien

Back to the top