From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lott, Jeremiah
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 11:02 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] CDT 3.0 Closing

>  There will always be some bug discovered by our internal QA that some project manager says we

> must fix for our product release, or some feature that our customers say they must have, etc., and

> it’s very difficult to just wait for the next CDT release for what you need and pitch your own product

> schedule out the window.

Just out of curiosity, do you then test for compatibility with 3rd party plugins?  I've been OK with our procedure so far, but if no one else is doing things this way, then we may be running a higher risk than necessary.  Plus if everyone else is modifying CDT, then our approach to compatibility produces less benefit anyway, as no one else is actually using the exact codebase we are using as our compatibility criteria.

  Jeremiah

Back to the top