RE: [cdt-dev] CDT 3.0 Closing

I agree with David.  Some more active triage would be good.  It’s a bit hard to organize on a consistent basis though since the ownace is on all of us to just do it, and there’s no devoted CDT project manager hounding us for it.

I think part of the problem though is separate.  We seem to have a real problem of not stepping up and saying when the Emperor has no clothes, i.e. when the plan is too vague or not realistic.  For instance, when we started CDT 3.0 I don’t think any of us truly thought that there was a hope of sticking to the original delta from the Eclipse 3.1 release, and predictably we moved the date later on.  By a similar token, I don’t think any of us believe that we’re going to have all the bugs shaken out (and fixed!) by next Wednesday’s build.  By another similar token, do we actually think that we all are going to have the time to properly revamp the docs for the final build two weeks after that?

Not saying I have the magic answers to everything either, but I think right now we’re sort of kidding ourselves, so if we can all just come out and admit it maybe we can try to do something about it.

Chris Recoskie

Software Designer

IDE Frameworks Group

Texas Instruments, Toronto