Re: [cdt-dev] Fixing up the small things ....

Thomas Fletcher wrote:

Hey guys,

 I was discussing with another developer here about the types of
things that developers come to depend on to work effectively. Some of these items are already in the CDT, but I thought that if
we collectively each threw out 5 or so items that we have come
to rely on ... and then made sure those items were available to
the CDT it would actually be an interesting activity.

In any case here is my list:
- Editor splitting
- Editor syntax highlighting
- Bracket and brace matching
- #if/else/endif matching
- find /usr/include | xargs grep XYZ
- Open include file (not necessarily included in source, like open resource)
 - Generally used once I found something in the header with find
- Code completion
 - On functions/methods/structures already defined
 - On items available via not yet included header files
Hey Thomas, the good news on the completion front is that I now use the search engine on all completions. You get printf whether you've include stdio.h or not. The speed improvements to the search engine have made this now possible. For my next trick, speeding up the DOM parse...

- Function prototype help/synopsis

Thomas