Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Fall Conference

Derek,

Oct 24-28 suits us. Has this date been finalized yet?

Thanks,

Greg

On Jul 6, 2005, at 9:31 PM, Derrick Keefe wrote:

Below are some of the details and the items that people have expressed an interesting in for a fall CDT conference. So far, we have several people
signed up for presentations.  We are also looking for people champion
specific topics e.g. initiate discussions now on a given topic, see what progress can be made before conference, chair a discussion/design session or
give a presentation. Please sign-up and participate.

Logistics:
Duration 2-3 days, This will depend on amount of content
Location: Ottawa
The Proposed date is the week of Oct 24-28*
Oct 17-21 and Sept 26-30 are potential other dates if Oct 24-28 does not
work.

Below are the subjects people have either signed up to do a presentation on or have indicated that they would like to see a session on. I have used
the term presentation, but really the form will be entirely up to the
persons driving the session.  The session can be a panel discussion, a
proposal, design proposal review, requirements review for upcoming
development etc.  The session are meant to be highly interactive.

Presentation:LosAlmos:Greg:Extending CDT to debug programs in parallel-
presentation of the results of this work
Presentation:LosAlmos:Craig:Using CDT as a platform for Multi-language
support - presentation of work they have done in this area.
Presentation:QNX: Debugger Architecture - challenges, deficiencies,
solutions.
Presentaion: QNX: CDT and the Next Generation C/C++ Developer - discussion
around future strategy and vision for the CDT project.
Presentation: QNX: Future Project Planning - 12 month view, as well an open
form for proposal on how we could change the way we do things.
Presentation: QNX:CDT End User Experience - Many companies are now shipping the CDT as part of their own custom development environments. This session will present some of the end user likes, dislikes and general comments on CDT. This session should be used as an opportunity to help plan end-user relevant development activities for the CDT that will benefit the widest
possible audience and improve the overall user experience.
Intertest:general: Language Development Tool Kit - there is some grass roots initiatives within CDT for this. It would be a good idea to have a session
on this and invite those from other projects such as LDP, DSP and the
Platform
Intertest:symbian: Future release planning.
Intertest:symbian: Build system requirements
Presentaion:Intel: The possibility of a CDT-Wide concept of a "tool- chain".
QNX is interested in working with intel on this presentation.
Intertest:Intel: Architecture: Discussion of CDT "singletons" and other CDT architecture topics - I remember a mailing list discussion regarding some aspect of the architecture that Doug questioned. If we don't talk about
this now we may never do it.
Intertest:Intel: Discussion of where we think CDT is with regards to
scalability.
Intertest:symbian: Debugger requirements
Intertest:general: Debugger- Design Session: There are a lot of requirements that have been under discussion for the past several months from members of the CDT team as well s the DSP team. By fall it may be appropriate to hold
a Design review or session for these requirements.
Intertest:symbian: How to contribute to CDT. Symbian is also looking into
donating some technology, but are unsure about the process, etc.

Numbers so far and growing:
Los Alamos:(2)
Symbian: (2)
TI:Ch:(4)