From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Douglass Turner
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2005 2:16 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Bug in Library Linking GUI?

Platform: WinXP + Cygwin.

I have successfully built and run a C++ project using Eclipse/CDT. I
now want to link to an external library (libpng.a residing in
/user/lib under Cygwin) to extend functionality.

I tried to link to libpng.a thusly:
Project -> Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Tool Settings -> GCC C++
Linker -> Libraries

When I click "Add" in the Libraries (-l) dialog and navigate to
/usr/lib/libpng.a to select it, the dialog sees NO libraries. Nuthin.
Zilch. CDT appears blind to the contents of that or any other
directory containing ".a" files.

Have I found a bug?

Cheers,
Douglass