Re: AW: [cdt-dev] How to install CDT M7 under Eclipse 3.1 (Linux)

Dear Norbert and Ralf,

thanks a lot.

Firstly I tried to do like the introduction at the website:

"Use the following URL in a Site Bookmark in the update manager:

        http://update.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/releases/new

To access the Update Manager, select Software Updates->Find and Install...
from the Help menu. To access the update site listed above, select Search for
New Features to Install and click on Next. Add a new remote site with the URL
provided above, and then expand the site node to reveal the available
downloads. "

But using "New Remote Site", I got only the some projects of JAVA, not CDT(I
have installed Eclipse SDK 3.1 with JAVA). Then I have downloaded
"org.eclipse.cdt-3.0.0-RC1-linux.x86.tar.gz" and extracted somewhere in my
computer. Anyway, I don't know how to embed it into Eclipse 3.1.

(Although I have tried to extract CDT and push them under the folder "plugin"
and "feature" of eclipse, Eclipse can not automatically know it after
starting. This trial failed too.)

Couly you give me a few further tips? Thanks.

Best regards

Rong