To: "'CDT General developers list.'" <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 30, 2005 3:12 PM
Subject: [cdt-dev] Few observations on Debugging on CDT Head - Registers Grouping functionality is good.

Hi,

I just now got a chance to take the CDT code from "HEAD" & use
the debugger functionality. I made the following observation:

(1)  Registers Grouping feature is too good. Especially for
processors which have huge number of registers (for eg., HP-UX
(Itanium /ia64)  has around 530 registers), selecting only the necessary
registers is really improving the speed of registers view.
Thanks & great work.

Thank you.

(2)  It would be great if we could have a similar functionality
for the Variables view as "Registers grouping"
functionality. Is this work in progress  ?

If you mean by this to organize local variables into groups, than the answer is no. You can always close the Variables view and add the variables you want to watch to the Expression view. But if you think that this feature is impotant, please, submit a request for it.

(3)  I disabled the Modules View by going to the Customize
perspective & unchecking. But for every step over / step into
operation, "info sharedlibrary" command was still called. Can we avoid
this if the view is disabled.

I believe, we call "info sharedlibrary" to find out if there is a new dll has been loaded. This is used to set deferred breakpoints. Alain may correct me if I'm wrong.

Warm Regards
Bala