[cdt-dev] findFileName & fileFilePath - Is it a costly operation ?

Hi,

	I was reading through the code of GCCErrorParser.java , the file which splits the error messages in to different tokens of
fileName, lineNumber , severity, error no & resource.

	The path of the file of the offended source code is obtained by either of the two methods shown below:
		IFile file = eoParser.findFileName(fileName);
		IFile  file = eoParser.findFilePath(fileName);

	If I understand right,  these methods identify the path recursively throughout the project in the workspace based on
filename. If this understanding being right, won't this search be
	 a costly operation if the project in the workspace has around 500 files or more.

	Can you throw some thoughts on this ?

Thanks,
Bala

Back to the top