[cdt-dev] Compiling CDT from CVS sources

Hi !

I' trying to get (slowly) into the code of CDT and, I'd like to be able to compile it from the CVS sources. Unfortunately, after having downloaded the sources, I get a lot of strange errors everywhere, apparently related to things missing in the eclipse API. Here are some of them (at least, there are more than one hundred)

AbstractDecoratedTextEditorPreferenceConstants.EDITOR_DISABLE_OVERWRITE_MODE cannot be resolved CUIPreferenceInitializer.java org.eclipse.cdt.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/ui line 84

The method getResourceAttributes() is undefined for the type IResource Resources.java org.eclipse.cdt.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/internal/ui/util line 104

The import org.eclipse.core.resources.ResourceAttributes cannot be resolved Resources.java org.eclipse.cdt.ui/src/org/eclipse/cdt/internal/ui/util line 26

I'm using Eclipse 3.0.2 with a sun java SDK 1.4.2. Is there anything obviously wrong here ? I didn't find any recent documentation about compiling CDT (the only one I got has been released on January 2003). Is there any update anywhere ?

Regards,

Quentin Ochem

PS : I hope this list is the right one to ask such a question. There not seems to be any component on the bugzilla list that fit to it. Am I wrong ?

Back to the top