Re: [cdt-dev] Proposing Mikhail Sennikovsky for MBS committer

+1. I have no choice.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Treggiari, Leo" <leo.treggiari@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2005 1:29 PM
Subject: [cdt-dev] Proposing Mikhail Sennikovsky for MBS committer

I'd like to nominate Mikhail Sennikovsky for committer in the Managed
Build System component.  Mikhail works for Intel.

Mikhail provided the CDT 1.2 and 2.0 project conversion design and
implementation for CDT 2.1.

For CDT 3.0, he has provided 3 designs:

-  Tool-chain Installation Support (# 87478)
-  Managed Build Process Environment and Build Paths support (# 88497)
-  Managed Build Macros proposal (# 89210)

He has provided patches for the first 2 and is working on the third.

I am nominating Mikhail because:

-  His designs and implementations have been excellent.
-  He is very productive and dedicated.
-  He makes very good engineering tradeoffs.
-  He has become familiar with most parts of the MBS
-  He knows Java very well (better than I do...).

I don't think that Mikhail has a lot of visibility with other CDT
committers.  You can take a look at his designs and/or at the patch that
he submitted today (and I have applied), if you want to.  I am
nominating him now, rather than waiting for him to gain more visibility,
because I am going to need help in the CDT 3.0 "end-game".  I will be
away for 10 days in June for my son's graduation and there will likely
be a large volume of patches that will need to go in from mid-May until
the 3.0 GA.  This is not to suggest in any way that I don't feel
confident in nominating Mikhail at this point in time.

Please give his nomination your consideration.

Thanks,
Leo