Re: Fw: [cdt-dev] Ada in CDT

Quentin Ochem <ochem@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 04/22/2005 01:18:27 PM:

> Douglas Schaefer wrote:
>
> That's interesting, indeed. Concerning the Ada parsing, one of the idea
> was to re-use some capabilities of the AdaCore IDE, GPS, written in Ada,

> through a dll or a client/server system (GPS would be a server there,
> without any graphical interface). So the question is : how would it
> possible to put GPS structures into the CDT ones. Could you point me on
> the CDT code where does thoses parse information are managed ?

Your idea is interesting as well. Right now our C and C++ parsers are in
Java in with the org.eclipse.cdt.core plugin. I am still concerned about
the performance of Java in this situation and have contemplated on and off
porting it into C++ in a native dll/so.

The parser produces an AST which can be found in org.eclipse.cdt.core.dom
and below. The question I have is whether there is a level of the
interfaces that can be extracted and reused in an AST for other languages.
The key interfaces used by our UI features include IBinding (representing
a logical concept in the language) and IASTName (representing an
identifier in the code that declares or refers to an IBinding).

Cheers,
Doug

Back to the top