Re: [cdt-dev] Ada in CDT

Doug,

This work of yours looks great!  I spent a few days wrinting an
Ada95/GNAT plugin based on CDT and think I got about as far as you
did. Although the learning curve required to get there was quite
intimidating. Alas, I have recently not had any time to continue work
on this Ada integration.

I was also very impressed by the small amount of effort required to
get GDB running through Ada code with breakpoints and all. And I
understand that there would be a lot more to gain with an Ada parser
and DOM integration. But that's how far I got. I got the impression
that this is a rather big chunk of work considering the size of the
Ada language and the learning required to understand the CDT.

Yet I hope that this Ada integration should be possible to improve
upon iteratively. I'd greatly appreciate any help on how to get
started with this. So I think it would be great if you could
contribute your efforts to some kind of contribution area or as an
example plugin.

Looking at the ICElement hierarchy I was wondering how to extend it to
support Ada specific features like nested functions/procedures, Ada
rendezvous tasking constructs, Ada generics, protected objects, etc.

I thought I'd wait for the Fortran team to go down the road of
integrating with the CDT rather than cloning it. That would hopefully
give me a better idea of how to do something similar for Ada.

Regards,

--knut