Re: [cdt-dev] Ada in CDT

Thanks, Jeff,

I'm still early in figuring this out. Unfortunately I don't know Fortran
so I'll have to leave where we go there to the experts such as yourself
and Craig R.

What I want to see is whether our DOM is extensible enough to handle
additional, not so C-like, languages. We already have extensions for ANSI
C and C++ and then into GNU C and C++. I know Ada enough to give it a try
and see. The follow on step would be ICElement and friends which I would
create from the results of a DOM quick parse. Finally, we would have the
index which would be populated by gnatxref which is a ctags kind of thing
that also has cross reference info and should be enough to satisfy our
search engine.

The dream is that, if you can extend the DOM and ICElement and index for
your particular language, then you would get the content assist and
navigation features for free, or as free as the gdb integration seems to
be ;). I'm a long way from seeing whether the dream comes true, though.

Cheers,
Doug