Re: [cdt-dev] Thoughts on Fortran and Language Independence

On Apr 5, 2005, at 5:19 PM, Jeffrey Overbey wrote:

The majority of the changes between the CDT and Photran were textual substitutions in the user interface. Making these language-neutral is easy... if it isn't C/C++-specific, put it in the CLDT UI, and make the name more generic. We might have a Compiled Language Development Perspective, a generic Standard Makefile Project (shared by all languages), and a menu item to Run Local Binary Application.

There are likely a number of plug-ins where we changed only strings, and where a single "internationalization"-style effort would make them more reusable. The same disclaimer may apply.

I'd like to second Jeff's ideas on this. Getting all of the strings out of java files would be a big help.

Cheers,
Craig

Back to the top