[cdt-dev] New Content Assist Enabled

Hey gang,

I have made some good progress with the new content assist completion
processor and have now turned it on by default for M6. You can still go
back to the old processor with a preference in the C/C++ -> Code Assist
page.

One plus is that it uses the new DOM which is significantly faster if you
are only resolving references on part of the tree as we do in content
assist. It will also give me a chance to produce some completions that
were difficult in the previous architecture.

I haven't hooked up the search engine and the help system yet but that
should come quickly post M6. So full functionality isn't there yet. Also,
there are a number of contexts where assist doesn't produce anything or
produces too much. Please raise any bugs you may find on cdt-core or
myself directly and I will take a look at them.

Thanks,
Doug Schaefer
Ottawa Lab, IBM Rational Software Division

Back to the top