[cdt-dev] gdb debug, stepping into opens wrong file

I have a problem debugging a algorithm project I'm working on. There are serveral versions of this algorithm structured in folders as show below.

<project root>/thorupextended/
                          thorupextended.cpp
<project root>/thorupnegativecycles/
thoruptest.cpp (test program including main method)
                          thorupextended.cpp

The thoruptest program calls a method located in the thorupextended.cpp file. During debugging when I step into this method the thorupextended.cpp file located in <project root>/thorupextended/ is opened instead of the one located in <project root>/thorupnegativecycles. Is this a misconfiguration and if so how can I fix it ???

My configuration
- Linux FC3
- Eclipse 3.0.1
- CDT 2.1