From: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Dave Inglis
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 9:49 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] CVS head org.eclipse.cdt.make.core\plugin.xml

is

returning error

This does not effect the actual build, you can change the PDE compiler

only warning on this
if you don't like the red 'x' :-).

Dave.

Sumit Sarkar wrote:

Hi There,

I downloaded the Eclipse 3.1M5a SDK from

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/eclipse/downloads/dr
op

s/S-3.1M5a-200502191500/eclipse-SDK-3.1M5a-win32.zip

and downloaded the following CDT packages from the CVS HEAD:

org.eclipse.cdt
org.eclipse.cdt.core
org.eclipse.cdt.core.win32
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.core
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.ui
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.ui
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.win32.core
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.win32.ui
org.eclipse.cdt.launch
org.eclipse.cdt.make.core
org.eclipse.cdt.make.ui
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core
org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.ui
org.eclipse.cdt.ui

org.eclipse.cdt.make.core\plugin.xml is giving error saying:
 "Element 'parameter' is not legal as a child of element 'run'.

line

58"

  <extension
        id="makeBuilder"
        name="%builderMake.name"
        point="org.eclipse.core.resources.builders">
     <builder
           hasNature="true">
        <run
              class="org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.MakeBuilder">
           <parameter
                 name="defaultCommand"
                 value="make">
           </parameter>
        </run>
     </builder>
  </extension>

I just commented the "parameter" tag and went ahead and built.

Pl. take a look.

Thanks,
sumit