From: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lars.Kurth@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 8:05 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] Shared Tool Options

Leo,
I am going to be on holidays until April the 1st. I will try and get a proposal together in the first or 2nd week of april. I will include the listDelimiter proposal which you mentioned in the "[cdt-dev] Feedback on "Multiple Tool Inputs and Outputs design" e-mail trail.

What should we use as baseline? It seems that both proposals are independent of the development that goes on in CDT3.0, so it should be possible to create a patch based on CDT2.1.1. I would prefer the latter.

Best Regards
-- Lars

"Treggiari, Leo" <leo.treggiari@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

14/03/2005 13:46

Please respond to
cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

RE: [cdt-dev] Shared Tool Options

Hi Lars,

  • One which allows to retrieve and set up default values of the new optionCategory and option elements before they are shown. The reason for this is that the user may manually change the build macros using the build macro UI.

I think that this is Option element functionality.  Currently an Option can have a “static” default value.  One of the “below the line” MBS requirements is:

1.        An option can provide a method to be called to return its default value.  This supports the case where the default value of the option changes based upon the value of another option(s) or some other environment setting.

As with other currently “below the line” functionality, if you (or your team) is willing to design and implement this, we could get it in 3.0.

Regards,
Leo