AW: AW: AW: [cdt-dev] problem to add an error parser to a toolchain

Hi,

> We have to make sure that the Builders when instanciating the
> ErrorParserManager pass the right parsersIds.
> And it looks like, at least for the standard make ... it is.
> But it does not look like it was for the managed builder(If
> I read your email correctly).

Yes. My first way to implement the error parser was to copy the GCCErrorParser as IARErrorParser, add a new extension

   <extension
         id="IARErrorParser"
         name="IAR Error Parser"
         point="org.eclipse.cdt.core.ErrorParser">
      <errorparser
            class="org.eclipse.cdt.internal.errorparsers.IARErrorParser">
      </errorparser>
   </extension>

and changed the code for my needs. After testing the error parser I copied the parser as 'NewErrorParser' to my toolchain 'com.elster.toolchain' (com.elster.toolchain/source/com/elster/toolchain) and added the extension

   <extension
         id="NewErrorParser"
         name="New Error Parser"
         point="org.eclipse.cdt.core.ErrorParser">
      <errorparser
            class="com.elster.toolchain.NewErrorParser">
      </errorparser>
   </extension>

to the project.

After creating a managed or a standard make I can activate the parsers IARErrorParser and NewErrorParser, but only IARErrorParser is executed.
The list ParserIDs within the function 'ErrorParserManager' contains the strings 'org.eclipse.cdt.core.IARErrorParser' and 'com.elster.toolchain.NewErrorParser'. I have took a deeper look to ErrorParserManager now and saw, that a core exception 'Plug-in com.elster.toolchain was unable to load class com.elster.toolchain.NewErrorParser.' occur while executing the line

'IErrorParser parser = (IErrorParser)configElements[j].createExecutableExtension("class"); //$NON-NLS-1$'

in 'CCorePlugin::getErrorparser()'.

Is there anything to declare, if I will create a plugin with an java class? If I created my toolchain, I don't plan to implement an own error parser, so I have started my plugin-project without creating a java project.

> > Maybe a PR to track this down ?

If I'm be sure, that my problem is an error within CDT, than I can send a PR. But I think the problem is resulting in a wrong configuration of my project.

> For what is worth, I've try to reproduce the behaviour and both
> the Standard Make builder and the Managed Builder pass the right
> parsers. So it looks like it is fix in the head.

Do I understand you right? You tried to reproduce the problem, but the parsers are called right? Maybe you can send me an example project with an error parser outside of 'org.eclipse.cdt.core'?

Best regards
  Ralf Ebert