AW: [cdt-dev] MBS in CDT 2.1 - defining toolchain with post linking steps not supported?

Emanuel,

I tried a similar approach a few weeks ago (wanted to FTP my binary to the target after linking). I got the following hint from Olav Zarges:

=======================================
Hi Norbert,

You can you use an  ant script to upload the executable to your target.
Steps
1 - create the ant build xml-file (see file content below)
2 - open the builders page of your projects properties
3 - add a new builder (select "ant build")
4 - select the proper "buildfile" (file created above) and "base
directory" (your project directory)
5 - make sure you changed the properties to your needs! (you can enter
your properties on "Properties"-page in the "Edit launch configuration
properties" dialog or you can change it in the xml-file)

Thats it.
Regads Olav

P.S. better is to enter the upload as an external  tool --> "Run /
External Tools / External Tools"  and use import in Step 3

So the core idea is to add another builder to the project and let it call your tools in order to do any post-build steps. In my case it was to call an FTP client, which is well supported by ant. You may have to do a little more.

CDT 3.0 will have "custom build steps".

Hope this helps somewhat.

Norbert