RE: [cdt-dev] Replacing the CDT's Make build system

When you say you already have a "CLI-based build system fully in place",
what does that exactly mean?  I'm assuming this means that not just the
code generation tools (i.e. compiler, assembler, linker) exist, but
rather that you have also a build system that wraps them (i.e. something
similar to make which is not itself based upon make).

If you have what I would call a "make-alike" CLI build system on top of
your tools, you could still use Managed Build as a basis for your
CDT-based build system, but you would write your own makefile generator,
dependency calculator, and toolchain definitions (which specify the
tools you are using and how they feed data from one tool to the next).
Creating all of these types of customized functionality is supported via
current extension points.  This would allow you to auto-generate
configuration files for your particular build tool, and invoke your tool
to do the build.

Does that fit your needs sufficiently?

Chris Recoskie
Software Designer