RE: [cdt-dev] Replacing the CDT's Make build system

There are articles on eclipse.org that talk about creating builders in
general.  The best place to start is reading those.
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Builders/builders.html

Other than that, you need to know that the standard that we have is that
any builders that CDT should care about have either the cnature or
ccnature (depending on if the builder is C-based or C++-based
respectively).  There is more that you will have to do if you want all
the bits and pieces of CDT interacting properly with your build system
(e.g. parsing your included files and such), but that should be enough
to get you started I think if you follow the info in the builder
articles and documentation.

The topic of creating additional non-make based builders for CDT came up
a couple of times this week at EclipseCon.  I'm sure we'd all be
interested in hearing more about what you are doing.  E.g., could you
tell us what your requirements are, and whether you are you planning on
contributing such a build system to CDT?

Chris Recoskie
Software Designer
IDE Frameworks Group
Texas Instruments, Toronto