Re: [cdt-dev] MPI - ECLIPSE

On Mar 2, 2005, at 8:55 AM, Alain Magloire wrote:

Hello List,

I'm new in MPI.  I'm trying to set up my development
environment and I have installed ECLIPSE+CDT.

What I need now is to get the corresponding libraries
for compiling MPI.  Can you help me with that?

Where can I find such libraries?
How should I install them in my ECLIPSE?

Try the MPI on where to find such libraries and headers.

It depends on which implementation of MPI you want to use, and also which version of the MPI standard you are interested in (MPI-1 or MPI-2), but you'll need to download and install MPI from one of the distributions:

LAM: http://www.lam-mpi.org
MPICH: http://www-unix.mcs.anl.gov/mpi/mpich
LA-MPI: http://public.lanl.gov/lampi/
FT-MPI: http://icl.cs.utk.edu/ftmpi/
OpenMPI: http://www.open-mpi.org/

If you're using a vendor-supplied operating system, then you may already have the libraries installed.

Once you've installed MPI, you'll need to set up a standard make project that specifies the location of the headers and libraries, and link your program with the MPI library (usually using -lmpi). Some distributions provide an mpicc command that does this for you automatically.

Finally, in many cases you will need to launch the program using a special utility called mpirun, which allows you to specify the number of processes you want to start (amongst other things). Since you usually can't just run the executable directly, you need to use the 'External Tools' launch configuration to do this.

Greg

Back to the top