[cdt-dev] Installing custom code templates

Hello all,

I want to have custom code templates for my C++ projects. Now I am aware that I _could_ manually import my templates via the Windows --> Preferences --> C/C++ --> Code Templates dialog - once per workspace, I assume. But I want the templates to be installed so the user does not have to be bothered with an extra import step.

- Is there an extension point to include custom code templates?
- Do I need to patch the default-templates.xml in org.eclipse.cdt.ui_nl?
- Can I programatically do the import step during post-installation?
- Any other smart way to go about this.

Thanks

Norbert Plött

Back to the top