Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Developer working style

This used to (mostly) work for me on Eclipse 3.0.1. But the CVS plugin does get finicky at times. I'll try the 'Check Out As' next time.

Thanks
-Chris

Douglas Schaefer wrote:
I've never had the Branches tree work for me. What I do instead is use HEAD and then in the Check Out As dialog, if you click through the Nexts, you get a chance to select the tag that you want to check out. You should be able to select cdt_21 there (I wish I had called it cdt_2_1 to be consistant and to avoid troubles when we get to version 21... :-)

Doug Schaefer
Ottawa Lab, IBM Rational Software Division

Chris Wiebe <cwiebe@xxxxxxx> Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
01/31/2005 04:57 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Developer working style

Doug,

I've run into problems when doing a fresh checkout (from newly added repository location) of the cdt_21 branch. In the CVS Repositories view, under the Branches / cdt_21 tree I don't get anything showing up at all. Refreshing doesn't help.

After some frustration, the only way I could figure out how to get the cdt_21 branch is to checkout the head, then do a 'Replace With' branch cdt_21.

Surely there is a better way?  Am I missing a step here or something?

-Chris

Douglas Schaefer wrote:

The org.eclipse.cdt-* folders are not modules, they are simply directories. You need to go one more level deep to find the real

modules.

This isn't the first report of confusion. So when I proposed to get rid

of
the soft links a couple of weeks a go and we agreed at the last

conference
call, I assumed everyone knew what that meant. I apologize for the confusion, but this is what it meant. We moved the modules into subdirectories to allow us to create new modules/projects/plugins

without
needing assistance from the eclipse.org webmaster. We created soft links

(which for those who aren't familiar with Unix are kind of like Windows shortcuts, or C pointers) that pointed to the new locations of the modules. This was to allow people to migrate to the new module locations

at their own convenience. Being that was done 8 months ago, I had hoped everyone had migrated by now. Again I apologize for not being clearer.

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer
Ottawa Lab, IBM Rational Software Division

"Treggiari, Leo" <leo.treggiari@xxxxxxxxx> Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
01/28/2005 03:38 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] CDT Developer working style

The ?old? org.eclipse.cdt.* cvs modules? appear to be gone now.

Actually,
I didn?t realize that they were the ?old? style until they disappeared. Anyway, I used to check out all of the org.eclipse.cdt.* modules as projects. They would build successfully without any intervention on my part, and I could continue with my work.

Today, I checked out all of the org.eclipse.cdt-* modules as projects

and
nothing happens (i.e. they don?t automatically build themselves).
What?s the best way to work with these new modules?

Thanks,
Leo