Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Developer working style

Doug,

I've run into problems when doing a fresh checkout (from newly added repository location) of the cdt_21 branch. In the CVS Repositories view, under the Branches / cdt_21 tree I don't get anything showing up at all. Refreshing doesn't help.

After some frustration, the only way I could figure out how to get the cdt_21 branch is to checkout the head, then do a 'Replace With' branch cdt_21.

Surely there is a better way?  Am I missing a step here or something?

-Chris

Douglas Schaefer wrote:
The org.eclipse.cdt-* folders are not modules, they are simply directories. You need to go one more level deep to find the real modules.

This isn't the first report of confusion. So when I proposed to get rid of the soft links a couple of weeks a go and we agreed at the last conference call, I assumed everyone knew what that meant. I apologize for the confusion, but this is what it meant. We moved the modules into subdirectories to allow us to create new modules/projects/plugins without needing assistance from the eclipse.org webmaster. We created soft links (which for those who aren't familiar with Unix are kind of like Windows shortcuts, or C pointers) that pointed to the new locations of the modules. This was to allow people to migrate to the new module locations at their own convenience. Being that was done 8 months ago, I had hoped everyone had migrated by now. Again I apologize for not being clearer.

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer
Ottawa Lab, IBM Rational Software Division

"Treggiari, Leo" <leo.treggiari@xxxxxxxxx> Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
01/28/2005 03:38 PM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] CDT Developer working style

The ?old? org.eclipse.cdt.* cvs modules? appear to be gone now. Actually, I didn?t realize that they were the ?old? style until they disappeared. Anyway, I used to check out all of the org.eclipse.cdt.* modules as projects. They would build successfully without any intervention on my part, and I could continue with my work. Today, I checked out all of the org.eclipse.cdt-* modules as projects and nothing happens (i.e. they don?t automatically build themselves). What?s the best way to work with these new modules? Thanks,
Leo