Re: [cdt-dev] Managing additional toolchain state

Alain Magloire wrote:
Alain Magloire wrote:

The ".cdtproject" is a file that is created when you create a C/C++ Project
it contains information that are relevant to CDT components.

The Document for .cdtproject is relatively easy to access and persists throughout the session, making it relatively easy to extend. What's not so easy to extend is the InternalCExtension class. I suppose I could have used AbstractCExtension, but InternalCExtension looked like a better choice b/c I was duplicating the exact same state. (BTW: That's what the patch to bug #83584 is all about.)

InternalCExtension, was not meant to be public, if you need something from
it we could probably make it available via AbstractCExtension.

It would seem to me that InternalCExtension is superfluous if all of its methods are exposed via AbstractCExtension. At this point, to expose setProject and setExtensionReference in AbstractCExtension would obviate the need for InternalCExtension entirely, since all the methods are effectively "return super.XXXX(...)" or "super.YYYY(...)".

But maybe there's a deeper intelligence happening here of which I'm only vaguely aware.

Back to the top