Re: [cdt-dev] Changes in Scanner configuration discovery

> As preparation for per file scanner config discovery (Scanner
> Configuration Correctness Enhancements) following changes/additions were
> made:
> make.core
> ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile extension point replaces
> ScannerInfoCollector and ScannerInfoConsoleParser extension points.
> Removed elements are now a part of the new extension point. Instead of
> providing pieces of SCD like scanner info console parsers and external
> scanner info providers enabling users to select possibly incompatible
> inputs to SCD, extenders are now supposed to provide a consolidated SCD
> profile which defines all the elements (providers, parsers, collector)
> that are supposed to work together.
> SCD and SCD profile options are now stored in .cdtproject instead of
> .project file.
> GCCStandardMakePerProjectProfile SCD profile extension is implemented.
> New core and UI elements to facilitate loading and processing of build
> output from a file.
> Changes to IScannerInfoCollector, IExternalScannerInfoProvider and other
> interfaces and default implementation classes.
>
> make.ui
> DiscoveryProfilePage is a new extension point used to define options of a
> scanner configuration discovery profile.
> Implemented a profile page extension for GCCStandardMakePerProjectProfile.
>
> managedbuilder.core
> GCCManagedMakePerProjectProfile SCD profile extension is implemented.
>
> The work is still in progress and interfaces and implementation are very
> likely to change.
>
> If you have implemented any of old SCD extension points or interfaces
> please let me know and I will be happy to help you transition to the new
> 'framework'.

Can we take this as the "official" plan items for the AutoDiscovery for 3.0 ?
There was also par of the changes a Variable Substitution mechanism and
changes to the IPathEntry class hierarchy.

Was the reqirement for the Variable Substitution a simple "String substitution"
or rather to do it on top of the Platform variable plugins(much more complex).

Back to the top