Re: [cdt-dev] DWARF support in CDT

> Hello Everybody,

Bonjour,

> I was what is the state of the DWARF debug parser in the=20
> org.eclipse.cdt.utils.debug.dwarf package ? Has it been fully tested ? Is=
>  it=20
> up-to-scatch ?

Not fully tested, not finish, not up to do much. .. an empty skeleton.

> I've looked at the source code and ran the DebugDump tool on a file conta=
> ining=20
> DWARF debug infromation and it doesn't seem to produce any variable=20
> infomation. It seems to only include information compilation units and th=
> ese=20
> units don't contain any variables.

Yes, the work is incomplete.  STABS is in better shape.

> The compilation unit information seems to be incorrect as well. A number =
> of=20
> units with the same name or a null name are produced. See the partial res=
> ult=20
> of the DebugDump at the end of the email.
>
> If it's not up-to-scratch please let me known I'll use another debug form=
> at or=20
> discuss with my boss if I should help you guys improve it.

That would be great, the STABS work is more complete, but it turns out
that this debug information is beeing slowly deprecated, and folks are moving
to dwarf-2.

Note: this is a long .. long term project, the idea is to make the information
participate in the coadunation of CDT, feeding the indexer(or other component)
with info inaccessible from the source parser(AST).

Back to the top