AW: [cdt-dev] advanced questions to options (was: Problem to develop a toolchain)

Hi,

thank you for your help - the linking is done right now.

The IAR compiler/linker has some special features with his options.
- include paths must contain an ending '\' and the
  compiler don't like the '"' in the path, because
  he is joining the path with the name of the
  headerfile
  For example: If the include path is defined with
  -I"c:\workspace\test\headers" and the source contains
  the command '#include <test.h>', the compiler try to
  open the file '"c:\workspace\test\headers"test.h'
- some options are combined combinates several features
  for example: The options to generate debug informations
  is defined as '-r [012][i][n]', wich parts means:
  0, 1, 2: Code added to statements
  i:       add #include file information
  n:       suppress source in object code

  Unfortunately I cannot use several '-r' options like
  '-r1 -ri -rn', so I must define only one option which
  contain all informations. The only way I see is to
  select all possible combinations with an enumerated
  option, what will result in a list like

    show no filereferences (none)
    show #include  file information with no line (-r0i)
    suppress source in object code with no line (-r0n)
    show #include information and suppress source
         with no line (-r0in)
    show #include  file information with one line (-r1i)
    suppress source in object code with one line (-r1n)
    show #include information and suppress source
         with one line (-r1in)
    show #include  file information with two lines (-r2i)
    suppress source in object code with two lines (-r2n)
    show #include information and suppress source
         with two lines (-r2in)

  which however among other things needs a lot of place.
  Is it possible to define this option like

  () generate debug information
     () add #include file information
     () suppress source in object code
     code added to statements: [0, 1, 2]

  and combine the single parts to the complete option?
  Ideally the lines after 'generate debug information' will
  be disabled, if the option 'generate debug informations'
  is not enabled.

- is it possible to select a single file to complete an option?
  For example. The linker need a description of the layout
  of the memory. This can be defined in a file which name
  is givent to the linker with the option
      '-f c:\workspace\test\EK230lnk.xcl'
  I have defined this option as a string, but I have not found a
  possibility to select the desired file.

- is it possible to replace 'c:\workspace\test' with a macro?

Sorry for the questions, but I can't find the answers in the documentation of CDT.

best regards,
  Ralf Ebert

Back to the top