Re: [cdt-dev] cdt with ClearCase

cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 01/12/2005 02:52:34 AM:

> Hi folks !
>
> I have a small question regarding cdt using in an ClearCase environment. How
> can I
> create a c/c++ project with files from a clearcase view WITHOUT copying the
> files into
> a workspace ? Is it possible to use cdt in conjunction with a dynamic view ?

When your create your project, you can point the location of the project to where your
view resides, rather than creating a new folder in the workspace. (uncheck the "use default"
checkbox)

> The second question refers to the functionality "go to reference/ go to
> definition".
> I have several problems with "bigger" project using this. Normally, this
> function
> is feasable after the indexer has completed (?). But in lot of cases, I can
> see the
> message "The opreration is unavailable in this selection" at the bottom of
> the
> c/c++ perspective. Do You have any hint for that or is there just a
> configuration issue ?

It may be a configuration issue.  (Are your intrinsic include paths discovered?)
There are also quite a few outstanding defects regarding the selection feature.
I would suggest that you turn on the Indexer Problem Markers via the project properties.
This will give you an indication as to how well the parsing framework is understanding
your source code.

> Is there any workaround, that in big projects the indexer doesn't need to
> rescan the whole
> project at every startup of the appropriate project ? (This takes a long,
> long time in my project)

I am not sure why this is happening, I'd suggest that you raise a bug @ bugs.eclipse.org
to allow our team to find a scenario to reproduce this.