Re: [cdt-dev] Making existing project CDT compatible

Thanks!  I remember seeing this before, but for some reason was blind when
I went looking recently.  Does exactly what I wanted.

Thanks,
Chad

             "Alain Magloire"
             <alain@xxxxxxx>
             cdt-dev-admin@ecl         cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             ipse.org                                                   cc

                                                                   Subject
             12/22/2004 01:19          Re: [cdt-dev] Making existing
             PM                        project CDT compatible

             Please respond to
             cdt-dev@eclipse.o
                    rg

> Hey folks.
>
> Here's an off the wall question.  Is the CDT setup in such a way that I
> could "add" CDT support to an existing project.  For example, I have a
Java
> project that works great.  Now, I want to put C code in it and build that
> code from the same project.  Is there any way to add the CDT nature and
> also have the appropriate builders put in place?

Well, we have a conversion wizard see
New -> other --> Convert to a C/C++ Make Project

It will add the (std)make nature and builder to the project.
Unfortunately:
- no "undo" to remove this nature/buider but:
   * On the property page you can disable the builder
   * or edit the .project(not recommanded)
- no conversion for the managed builder.