[cdt-dev] Newbie question

Hi,

Apologies if this is not the right place.

I'm running Linux and have followed the brief tutorial found in the FAQ
to check that I've got everything installed correctly.

Unfortunately, when I try to build the project I get the following
errors:

<quote>

**** Incremental build of configuration Debug for project HelloWorld
****

make -k all
Building file: ../main.cpp
g++ -O0 -g3 -Wall -c -fmessage-length=0 -o main.o ../main.cpp
Finished building: ../main.cpp

Building target: HelloWorld
g++  -o HelloWorld     main.o
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i486-linux/3.3.4/../../../crt1.o(.text+0x18): In
function `_start':
../sysdeps/i386/elf/start.S:98: undefined reference to `main'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [HelloWorld] Error 1
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.
Build complete for project HelloWorld

</quote>

I have gcc / g++ installed correctly as other development environments
work fine as do "hand compiled" builds.

I'm a bit rusty with C++ and developing on Linux in general so the above
messages don't mean much to in terms of what to fix in order to solve
the problem. However, I'm looking into it but would appreciate some
pointers as to where to start and what to do to fix this problem.

Eclipse looks like its an excellent tool, its a shame I can't get it to
compile code :-(

Thanks in advance for your help with this matter.

Regards,

Nicholas

Back to the top