Re: [cdt-dev] Linux Core Fragments

Ben> As far as I understand it, System.loadlibrary will look in your system
Ben> library paths. Eclipse overrides this and looks in
Ben> org.eclipse.core.resources.linux/os/linux/x86).

System.loadLibrary asks the requesting class' ClassLoader.  See
ClassLoader.findLibrary().  The default returns null, which falls
back to whatever System wants.

In Eclipse 2, the plugin class loader implemented this method and had
it search the plugin directory.  It had a list of places to look,
based on the OS, the architecture, and the window system.  In Eclipse
3 it is similar, though I'm not really familiar with that code.

Tom

Back to the top