Re: [cdt-dev] Linux Core Fragments

The idea is that OSGI stuff during startup time just updates System property java.library.path searching plugins for os/os_name/architecture

Douglas Schaefer wrote:

Or does it all just work anyway. I'm not sure how System.loadLibrary
finds the libraries. There seems to be some magic there. Maybe all I need to do is simply create new fragments and move the binaries there.

Anyone have any insight?

Doug Schaefer, Technical Lead, Eclipse CDT
Ottawa Lab,  IBM Canada, Rational Software Division

Douglas Schaefer/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
10/08/2004 11:08 AM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] Linux Core Fragments

Hey gang, we now have support for three CPU architectures in our org.eclipse.cdt.core.linux fragment - x86, ppc, and ia64. The beauty of Linux is that the source is the same for all three, only the compiled binaries are different.

So the question I have is how to avoid having all three architectures in

the same fragment. One solution is to simply make complete copies of the

fragments sources for each architecture. Another solution would be to
add new fragments for each and just copy the library loading code.

Any opinions on the best way to go?

Thanks,