Re: [cdt-dev] Monthly Call Follow Up: OSS ClearCase Plugin

I've used it slightly on things of large scale. I would say it fails to scale, but in the most reasonable possible way. It doesn't crash. It doesn't lock up the ui. It does however take FOREVER to gather all the information about various files and put decorations on them. The really interesting piece from our point of view is that it's use of ClearCase goes back to one root class, and so by altering that one root class we can insert our customized ClearCase wrapper scripts. I'm not sure if we could do that with the upcoming
Rational ClearCase plugin.

Ed
Imrisek, Martin wrote:

I'm following up on the monthly call where a number of people expressed interest in a ClearCase plugin for Eclipse 3.0. This is the open source plugin that I've been using to date. It works in 3.0 but I can't comment on how well it scales for large projects since I've been using it only for smaller projects so your experience may differ from mine. http://sourceforge.net/projects/eclipse-ccase --
----
Martin Imrisek <mimrisek@xxxxxx>
Software Systems Designer
Software Development Systems