Re: [cdt-dev] 2.0.2

From the perspective of the IBM-Rational quality team that has been testing 2.0.1 over the last few weeks, the current build we have is quite stable and worth releasing to the community at large. Our last couple of sanity passes have not highlighted any major breakages or regressions. We continue to find and raise bugs, but none are of the variety that should gait the availability of the current build.

If we had a vote, we'd say +1 :-)

Regards,

Kleo Hapitas
CDT Program & Verification Manager
IBM Software Group - Rational
Tel: (613) 591 2913

David Daoust/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/15/2004 03:15 PM

Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] 2.0.2

Here is a list of changes between 2.0.1 and I200409101437 that I have extracted out of the commit logs.

PR
71437
Fix for PR
72901
Fix for PR
73250
fix broken buffer cache,
73378
Fix for PR
69330
Fix for PR
73459
Updated version numbers to 2.0.2
Fix for
73406: Double Indexing On Specific Project
Fixed
73524 - CDT 2.0.1 freezes after trying to open a large .c file
handle exceptions and prevent infinite loops.
73652

       - Dave

David Daoust/Ottawa/IBM@IBMCA
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/15/2004 03:03 PM

Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [cdt-dev] 2.0.2

Chris, I will take that as a hint :-)

I would like to get a vote on declaring the I200409101437 build as the 2.0.2 build.

http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/builds/2.0.2/I200409101437/index.html

There are currently 0 open defects against the 2.0.1 stream in bugzilla (we didn't add 2.0.2 to bugzilla).

      - Dave

"Recoskie, Chris" <crecoskie@xxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/15/2004 02:39 PM

Please respond to
cdt-dev

<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] 2.0.2

Folks,

I am wondering if we can get an update on the status of 2.0.2?

We (TI) are looking to pull in the changes from 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 into our product as soon as 2.0.2 is out the door.  I am just looking to find out if the release is still on track for the end of this week so we can do some planning.

Chris Recoskie

Software Designer

IDE Frameworks Group

Texas Instruments, Toronto