Re: [cdt-dev] CDT-2.1 breaking API changes

Being heavily focused on the AST at the moment, I am definitely interested
in your thoughts on structure definition vs structure declaration. From an
AST perspective, there is no such thing as a structure definition. You
declare a structure as a type and then use that type in other
declarations.

However, I haven't looked at the CModel in a long time and can't recall
how things were done there. What were you planning for this?

Cheers,
Doug Schaefer, IBM's Eclipse CDT Architect
Ottawa (Palladium), Ontario, Canada

"Alain Magloire" <alain@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/16/2004 10:52 AM
Please respond to
cdt-dev

cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[cdt-dev] CDT-2.1 breaking API changes

Bonjour,

   We need feedback on this before forging ahead.  Some changes that we
want
to apply will break API, compatibility to CDT-2.0.x:

Support for 64 bits, affects:
                 - binary parsers
                 - debugger(CDI)
                 - GDB mi code

Core Model, changes to IStructure:
                 - inconsistency Structure definition vs Structure
declaration

Debugger CDI changes:
                 - lots of change in the interface.

Binary parser refactoring:
                 - break in the GNUParser and CygwinParser

Error parser, see proposal:
                 - Althought it is backward compatible

could be others ?

feeback/comments ?